Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fishing Derby Mural

Darn! We mssed the kids' fishing derby in Uxbridge this year. The sixth annual Huck Finn Day was held on the last Saturday in April. BUT we didn't miss the mural!
Apparently the local pond was stocked with plenty of trout and prizes were awarded to every participant, each of whom was encouraged to dress up like Huck Finn. But the grandest prize was a kayak, awarded to the young angler who caught the largest tagged trout.

I wish I could pass for a kid! Huck Finn Day sounds like so-o-o much fun!

6 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Great mural. I am sorry the kids missed the derby. Why one of them could be coming home with a kayak. Yeah, I know what ya mean--it would be nice to be a kid again. MB

Kerri Farley said...

Wow! An absolutely fabulous mural! That artist is VERY talented!!

Kerri Farley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Wow, love that mural and yes, it does sound like great fun!

Raven said...

What a great mural! I love the color and richness of it.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

EG: That is a cute mural, i fished at my home lake on fishing derby cay and it was so crowded.

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.